Re: expandEntityReferences

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:52:48 -0400
To: <www-dom@w3.org>

> I don't quite understand how expandEntityReferences works on the
> treeWalker and nodeIterator interfaces

The text is actually correct as it stands, but badly phrased. My apologies!

   "The value of this flag determines whether the children of entity
   reference nodes are visible to the iterator. If false, they and their
   descendants will be rejected."

The intended reading was that "they" means "the children of entity
reference nodes". You misread it as meaning "entity reference nodes". I
have to admit it took me a second glance to realize this myself, so it's
probably worth considering this an editorial erratum. Proposed revised
text:

   "The value of this flag determines whether the children of entity
   reference nodes are visible to the iterator. If false, those children
   and their descendants will be rejected."

Better?
Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research