Re: Level 3, DocumentOrder & TreePosition enums

I wrote earlier:
 >   In looking at the Level 3 working draft, I see that the
 > DocumentOrder and TreePosition enums defined in the Node interface
 > both use the names SAME and UNORDERED, but the numeric values will be
 > different given the IDL as specified.

  Looking at this further, the use of the same names for two
enumerations in the same scope is illegal IDL -- no IDL compiler
should accept this.  (There's also a minor error with extra semicolons
between the enum definition and the typedef name, but let's consider
that a simple typo!)
  I'll propose that a single enumeration should be used, and should
define the names that are defined for TreePosition, but perhaps call
it TreeOrder.  That type can be used for both compareDocumentOrder()
and compareTreePosition().

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>