Level 3, DocumentOrder & TreePosition enums

From: Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:52:27 -0500 (EST)
To: www-dom@w3.org

  In looking at the Level 3 working draft, I see that the
DocumentOrder and TreePosition enums defined in the Node interface
both use the names SAME and UNORDERED, but the numeric values will be
different given the IDL as specified.
  I'd like to suggest that the ordering of the names be the same for
those names that are shared between the two enums, or that using enums
be avoided for this purpose.  The constants should share values if
they share names; this will make it easier to create readable language
bindings for the DOM.
  (I apologize if this has already been addressed, but a search of the
list archive did not show anything relevant.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations