Re: Novice Java Language Binding Question

From: John Duffy <jbduffy@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 22:54:37 -0000
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Firstly, thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my original posting.

I think I'm a little bit out of my depth here regarding DOM.

What I am trying to achieve is the dynamic update, once a minute, of a web page containing a table. At the moment I refresh the page using a <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH"...> construct. After a while this becomes a tad annoying and hard on the eyes.

My plan, when I first discovered DOM, was to load the page containing the table into the browser once, at load, and then use a Java Applet to create a socket connection to a data server and update the table via the DOM HTMLTable... interfaces.

Apologies if I have completely got the wrong idea about what DOM is all about.

Regards
John
jbduffy@cwcom.net