Re: Novice Java Language Binding Question

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:14:58 -0500
To: "John Duffy" <jbduffy@cwcom.net>
cc: www-dom@w3.org
Just a sanity check: John, have the recent answers (that the DOM is just an
interface, and that you need to obtain or write code which actually
implements that interface and supports the language bindings you want to
use) addressed your question? Or did we misinterpret what you were asking?

>Ultimately, I want to be able to dynamically alter  an HTML document using
the HTML >Bindings.

The challenge is indeed going to be finding an HTML DOM that will talk to
Java -- or finding more than one, if you want to do this portably.
Unfortunately, not all browsers support accessing their DOM from Java.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research