RE: XSL Pattern Queries (values & filters) with DOM

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:52:42 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
> was using it to refer to the work of the XML Query Language WG and not
the
> original notes. I wasn't aware that they weren't planning to use XQL to
> refer to their work. Any idea why?

Clarity. Referring to two different things with the same name causes a
_lot_ of confusion.

Dip into the XSLT discussions and you'll see a great deal of frustration
about the ongoing need to explain that a certain prototype XSL
implementation is not XSLT-compatable and should not be confused with the
published recommendation.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research