Re: DOM L2 RFE

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:05:28 -0800
To: www-dom@w3.org
keshlam@us.ibm.com wrote:

> >Like I said, the RFE is **for DOM L2**
>
> I think the decision has been made to address DTD support in Level 3, and
> since that will cover your RFE -- and since it's _long_ after Last Call for
> Level 2 -- I think you'll have to wait.

In short, you're arguing that all issues coming out of reviews
from now on will generally be ignored ... hence implying that
there is really no need for such reviews.  Last time I looked
at W3C process documents, that stage was called "REC" not "WD".

It's responses like that that give W3C a bad reputation in
terms of being a steward for standards.

- Dave