Re: DOM L2 RFE

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:54:27 -0500
To: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
cc: www-dom@w3.org
>Those are required to be readonly NamedNodeMap objects.  See the DOM L1
>spec as regards the definitions of those attributes.  The phrase is
>"cannot be altered in any way".  What you suggest is nonconformant.

Hmm. True. I keep forgetting that.

>Like I said, the RFE is **for DOM L2**

I think the decision has been made to address DTD support in Level 3, and
since that will cover your RFE -- and since it's _long_ after Last Call for
Level 2 -- I think you'll have to wait. Default attributes have the same
problem; we specified their read behavior but there's still no way to build
the data structures required to support them.

I wanted DTD support in Level 1, and Level 2. Didn't happen. We can try to
expedite Level 3...

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research