Re: DOM Level 2 needs getElementById method

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 14:33:22 -0400
To: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
cc: www-dom@w3.org
HTML has precisely one ID attribute, that being the one called ID.  Essentially,
the HTML DOM has this part of its DTD hard-coded into it. Something of a
special-case...

For the rest, I think I have indeed gotten out of synch with what's currently
being proposed; I think I've seen three suggestions of varying size (getByID,
that plus the relevant portion of attribute definition, full DTD) go by and they
all deserve looking at.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research