Using the DOM with Java

From: Fiona Cameron <f.cameron@ulst.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:26:53 +0000
To: www-dom@w3.org
I apologise in advance if this is an inappropriate posting, or this
subject has been covered before, but I'm new to this list.

I would like to write an application in Java which uses the DOM
interface to transfer information from an HTML page to a database.
Reading the w3 DOM pages this seems to be the sort of thing the DOM
is designed for.  Can anyone tell me whether the DOM/Java is ready
for this yet - I can't see anything in the jdk1.2 documentation about
the DOM, but maybe I've misunderstood something?

Any information gratefully received.

Fiona Cameron
Computing Officer, Faculty of Informatics, University of Ulster
email: f.cameron@ulst.ac.uk  phone:  01232-366677