From: Ted Bashor <bashor@crossroute.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 14:29:33 -0700
To: www-dom@w3.org
I'm relatively new to the list, so I apologize if this has already made
the rounds...

Basically I'm wonding how binary objects are to be handled in the DOM.
Was any consideration given to including a Binary interface derived from
Node in Level 1?  As you can guess, I am concerned that any BLOB that I
wanted to store in the object model will double in size (unnecessarily)
in a Text or CDATASection node.

It seems like a Binary node would make sense in the XML level if not in
the core, but perhaps people feel this extension belongs at a level that
supports data-typing.

Thanks, Ted