W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-dom-ts@w3.org > February 2007

Re: what happened to JSUnit tests of dom level 3 load and save?

From: Joćo Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 21:09:07 -0000
To: "Curt Arnold" <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Cc: "www-dom-ts@w3.org" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.tm281hx4jz3wb9@dragast>


After checking a bit, I find tests

DOMInputSourceTest1.html
DOMInputSourceTest2.html
DOMInputSourceTest4.html

invalid. The testcases feed a LSParse with xml like &lt;elt/>, and then  
check if there's a elt element in the generated tree. So you're asking for  
the xml parser to resolve the entities, and reparse the xml with the  
resolved xml to try to build a dom tree ? This is the first time I see  
something like this being requested.


Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com> escreveu:

>
> On Feb 1, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Joćo Eiras wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> The test suites have always been broken for me.
>> See file
>> http://www.w3.org/2004/04/ecmascript/level3/ls/DOMBuilderTest0.html
>>
>> It declares the following global variable, and manipulates it like this
>>
>> var builder = null;
>>
>> function setUpPage() {
>> (...)
>>      builder = createConfiguredBuilder();
>> (...)
>> }
>>
>> function DOMBuilderTest0() {
>> 	var success;
>> 	if(checkInitialization(builder, "DOMBuilderTest0") != null) return;
>> 	(...)
>> 	var builder;
>> 	(...)
>> 	builder = lsImplementation.createLSParser 
>> (MODE_SYNCHRONOUS,NULL_SCHEMATYPE);
>> 	(...)
>> }
>>
>> The problem is, the TC expects the builder variable that is passed to  
>> checkInitialization to be the object that createConfiguredBuilder  
>> returns, but that same function declares another var builder, which  
>> therefore hides the global variable and creates a local undefined one,  
>> so all tests fails.
>> I've mentioned this problem 4 months ago, and it still isn't fixed.
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2006Sep/0000.html
>>
>> If the builder problem is fixed, then the function getResourceURI is  
>> undefined too.
>>
>>
>> Michal Domoslawski <michal.domoslawski@comarch.com> escreveu:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When I use JSunit form http://www.w3.org/DOM/Test/ to perform tests of  
>>> DOM level 3 Load and Save, progress bar is red and all tests return  
>>> errors. When JSunit loads "../level3/ls/DOMWriterTest4.html" it  
>>> hangs-up and nothing happens. I've testet it with Opera, FF2.0 and in  
>>> both cases results are the same. Weird fact is that when I've done the  
>>> same thing a week ago everything was fine and tests were passed. Are  
>>> there any chances that something was changed in DOMTestCase.js script  
>>> and it caused whole tests to return Errors?
>>>
>>> BR
>>
>>
>
>
> Time goes by fast.  I had hoped to look at the problem after I managed a  
> log4j and a log4cxx release.  I'm still trying to get the log4cxx  
> release out the door.
>
> At the time it was written, there were no Javascript implementations of  
> DOM 3 LS, so the tests were only checked against Java implementations  
> and the problem between the conflict of the variable names in the tests  
> and in the test framework were not known.  It has been a couple of years  
> since the last full blown implementation survey and it would be good to  
> get to that, but I can only offer good intentions at this time.
>
Received on Thursday, 1 February 2007 21:09:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 6 April 2009 12:58:50 GMT