Re: Tests that depend on node being inserted for default attributes

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:41:13 -0600
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
Mary Brady wrote:
> [mb] Have we asked the working group what should happen if the iterms were
> represented as an internal subset?  I'd rather get a concrete answer and
fix
> the
> problem than provide a work-around.

I'd love to get a concrete, consise statement from the WG on this matter,
too.  I have raised it on this list, but I don't know if Dimitriadis has
either taken it back to the WG or if he can clarify the existing position
from member confidential material.

Might finally be time to fire up the bug tracker from our SF alter-ego to
keep track of open issues.

If default attribute nodes should be provided when for default attributes in
the internal subset, I would still recommend adding new tests for that
behavior and leaving the existing tests as is.  Basically, creating an
is_staff.xml (for internal subset) and is_ versions of the 9 tests.