Re: dom1.dtd not in CVS

> > In any case, I a building a test harness for the test suite and I need a
> >
> > good definition of the contents of the test files so I can build the
> > test
> > generator.  Is there such a definition in CVS or elsewhere ?????
> >
> [dd] I think the best way to go about is to take a test file (XML) and
> compare it to the code which is generated from it to understand how it
> works. There isn't a description of the markup language, mainly due to
> lack of time.

What language and/or implementation are you wanting to test?

The code generation templates are pretty numbingly complex XSLT.  Probably
the best process is to:

generate the Java tests
manually transliterate a few of them to your target language, binding and
xUnit test framework
Transliterate the framework functions
Get the few tests running
Create a test-to-whatever.xsl from test-to-java.xsl to produce something
like your transliterated tests
Iterate

I know someone has already done the process for a C or C++ parser, would
have to check the mailing list history for the details.  If you can tackle
the first couple of steps, we could probably help on the last couple.