Re: Copyright issue

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 13 Feb 2002 14:33:01 -0500
To: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris@ontologicon.com>
Cc: www-dom-ts@w3.org
On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 13:13, Joseph Kesselman wrote:

> You definitely want to get a lawyer's advice, but: General practice I've
> seen is to state both the first year whatever-it-is was copyrighted and the
> year of the most recent  set of revisions: "Copyright 2001, 2002 by ...."

Here the reply I've got:
[[
One should not update the copyright date of a dynamic page with the
present year such that the first publication date is removed:

   1. If a document changes frequently, it makes sense to use a range,
starting from the first date of publication.
   2. If they don't change, they should retain the original date.
]]