RE: Distribution

Inline...

-----Original Message-----
From: Dimitris Dimitriadis [mailto:dimitris@ontologicon.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 2:30 AM
To: Curt Arnold
Cc: www-dom-ts@w3.org
Subject: Re: Distribution

Good rework. Especially the index.htm is now much more readable.

A few comments:

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 06:00 , Curt Arnold wrote:

> The distribution has a lot of apparently superfluous stuff and the
> organization follows the development/build environment which is
> unnecessary.  A couple of issues,
>
> .FBCIndex, .DSStore, .FBCLockFolder
>
> These files appear in a couple different places and take a large amount
> of room, I do not know where they come from.

[dd] Probably inserted by my system, didn't even see them.

> The distribution contains .js files and .class files that do not need
> to be provided (the code of the .js files is a replication of the
> similarly named .html files and we do not have a command line
> ECMAScript harness that could use them).

[dd] True, but we need to decide whether to have the source there, both
for Java and ECMA, just in case people want to write their own harness.
I'd go for including them, which is why I had them in my distribution
sent earlier.

[jb] The source is still available in the .html files.  Having one version of the source files (in HTML) is the best option, I believe.