RE: DOM L2 tests schema valid -- what about filenames?

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:25:52 -0600
To: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
The DOM L2 tests all validate against the dom2 schema.  In
addition, all id's on assertDOMException have been changed

where DOMException is the exception that should be thrown.

Hopefully using the DOMException code, like throw_INDEX_SIZE_ERR.  Using this convention simply makes the assertion failure more meaningful to the reader that doSomethingBadAssert1.

Final steps prior to committing to CVS repository:

1) Change subjects based on filenames -- I think analyzefilenames.xsl
will do this -- is that correct, Curt?

I think it might need a little tweaking to produce DOM 2 subject URI's, could you email carnold@houston.rr.com a few files to test it with off-line?

2) Change filenames and associated test id's inside the file.  We need
to come to resolution on this issue.  I've seen the following suggestions:

* do nothing -- let the test matrix be smart enough to maintain an index.

* InterfaceMethodXX.xml

* MethodXX.xml -->  here, you will not know what interface the test
   corresponds to, and will have to rely on the subject metadata.

I'd prefer MethodXX.xml.

There is always the possibility that multiple people would simulataneously decide to write createXPathExpression01.xml however the chance for collision would exist for any convention.

If you write a .bat file with:

Rename attrdosomething.xml DoSomething01.xml
Rename attrdosomethingbad.xml DoSomething02.xml

Then you could convert it to a .bat file like:

Sed /name="attrdosomething/name="dosomething01/ dosomething01.xml
Sed /name="attrdosomethingbad/name="dosomething02/ dosomething02.xml

To change the names internally (not sure of the SED syntax)