DOM L2 tests schema valid -- what about filenames?

From: Mary Brady <mbrady@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:05:25 -0400
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
The DOM L2 tests all validate against the dom2 schema.  In
addition, all id's on assertDOMException have been changed

where DOMException is the exception that should be thrown.

Final steps prior to committing to CVS repository:

1) Change subjects based on filenames -- I think analyzefilenames.xsl
will do this -- is that correct, Curt?

2) Change filenames and associated test id's inside the file.  We need
to come to resolution on this issue.  I've seen the following suggestions:

* do nothing -- let the test matrix be smart enough to maintain an index.

* InterfaceMethodXX.xml

* MethodXX.xml -->  here, you will not know what interface the test
   corresponds to, and will have to rely on the subject metadata.

In both of the suggested serial naming conventions, I am concerned that
multiple people creating tests for a given area might use the same name.
I guess CVS will probably catch this, but it could be quite confusing to
test writers.

Any other thoughts?