W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-dom-ts@w3.org > November 2001

Re: Crimson 1.1.3 tests

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 01:01:04 -0800
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org
Message-id: <047701c16e7d$391c2e00$6800000a@brownell.org>
[ this was supposed to be a 'reply all', sorry ]

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "David Brownell" <david-b@pacbell.net>
To: "Curt Arnold" <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: Crimson 1.1.3 tests


> > ca: The NIST/W3C DOM Test Suite stuff in the W3C CVS (see
> > http://www.w3.org/dom/test).  Requires Ant 1.4 (exactly) with Crimson
> > replaced (sorry) with Xalan-J 2.1 (again exactly) and the corresponding
> > Xerces to build, if you are interested.
> 
> Curious.  I found this stuff, but it built with Ant 1.4.1 and my existing
> environment.  That defaults to using GNUJAXP (for SAX and DOM)
> and SAXON (for XSLT); there were no evident problems building.
> 
> 
> > CA: Isn't done by most processors
> > and may come as a surprise to even knowledgable practitioners.
> 
> I can confirm that it came as a surprise to me to learn that those URIs
> were NOT resolved ... I'd have expected Xerces (for one) to obey
> the SAX specs in such basic respects.
> 
> URI reporting through DOM has never been clearly specified,
> so at least this knowledgeable practitioner was not surprised
> by anything except an unrelated spec non-conformance ... :)
> 
> 
> > [ca] Probably so you could serialize a document without having
> > the system id's obviously mucked with.  Probably a fair number
> > of entity resolvers that examine the systemId would fail to work
> > if the source document had a unexpectedly absolutized systemId.
> > Of course, that is a consequence of using the systemId to perform
> > publicId's role.
> 
> An org.xml.sax.EntityResolver applies only to parsed entities.
> But yes, if ya misuses System IDs ya gots to pay da price.
> 
> 
> > I've removed the verbatim systemId assertions in the two tests in the DOM L1
> > Core suite (leaving an assertion that just checks if the filename fragments
> > are the same) and changed the verbatim systemId assertions in the DOM L2
> > tests (main the import*.xml tests).
> 
> Sounds right to me.
> 
> - Dave
> 
> 
Received on Friday, 16 November 2001 04:02:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 6 April 2009 12:58:45 GMT