W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-dom-ts@w3.org > November 2001

Been busy again

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 02:36:36 -0600
Message-ID: <005601c16e79$ce282480$7600a8c0@CurtMicron>
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
Over the last couple of hours, I've committed changes to many of the level 2 tests that fix bugs in the tests.  Xerces-J 1.4.3 now passes all tests when preserving entity references and fails 8 when expanding entity references (the same underlying problem that caused the level 1 *EE tests to fail).

I took the time to write a custom log message for each file, but the changes fell into a couple of basic categories.

1) tests that required a namespace aware parser to load the test file

Added an <implementionAttribute name="namespaceAware" value="true"/> immediately after the metadata on those tests.  That forces the test to be run either namespaceAware or not at all.

2) tests that depended on entity reference preservation

Added conditional sections that called createEntityReference to create an equivalent entity reference node

3) tests that loaded staff.xml but were written for staffNS.xml

Most of the import*.xml tests loaded staff.xml but expected the DTD to be staffNS.DTD

4) Tests that used ignorable whitespace to check Text node behavior

Changed these to use significant text content without changing the essence of the test

5) Replaced list assertions with equivalent individual assertions

List assertions should only be used for comparisons that involve a loop of some sort

I changed build.xml to build the jars with debug info, so now the tracebacks have line numbers and fixed a problem that resulted in unnecessary casts in test-to-java.xsl

Will need to update the test-to-jsunit before you can build DOM L2 for ECMAScript, but Java is runnable.
Received on Friday, 16 November 2001 03:37:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 6 April 2009 12:58:45 GMT