Re: ECMA harness

Hi Jason

Please provide a more detailed account of what this would mean; running
different parts of the test suite? Have different test suites built to
begin with in accordance with existing browser capabilities? Currently
we haven't limited the suite in any other way than defined by the DOM
specification, except for entity exapansion and whitespace preservation
in parsers.

In order to come to an understanding about the harness thus: how should
we act in this matter? Should we modularize the test suite in some way?
We have discussed this in the past, and given the fact that we want to
release the test suite as soon as possible it seems a good idea to make
this explicit very soon.

In our previous discussion though, we decided to go for using a
modularization that stayed as close as possible to the DOM
specification. On the other hand, we obviously want to be able to run
the test suite in all major browsers. IE can be tested running the Ecma
tests with the JSunit framework by running ant dom1-core-gen-jsunit to
build the appropriate code.

/Dimitris