Re: Crimson 1.1.3 tests

From: Edwin Goei <edwingo@sun.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:24:55 -0800
To: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
CC: www-dom-ts@w3.org
Curt Arnold wrote:

> entitygetpublicid, notationgetsystemid
>
> These tests have been a subject of debate repeatedly on the www-dom-ts
> mailing list.  Crimson alone of the tested processors changes the relative
> URI's in the source document to absolute URI's when retrieved by
> Entity.getPublicId() and similar.  While not expressly prohibited by the DOM
> spec, there is nothing that would suggest to the user that it should be
> anticipated.
>
> Edwin, it would be interesting to get your take on whether the returning
> absolute URI's was intentional and any thought process behind it.

I looked to see how crimson was resolving the URIs and it is in part of
the code that originated before I started working on the parser.  It's
in Parser2.java which was based from an older version of the code.  The
original author, Dave Brownell, might be able to help.

> [snip]

Not sure whether I was supposed to comment on the other parts of your
email.

-Edwin