OSM Comment UX Failure

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 01:09:26 +0000
To: webmaster@openstreetmap.org
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
I tried to log in using OpenID. I got repeated 500 status responses.
Eventually it worked, and I confirmed my account. Then I tried to
enter a comment on an OSM thread, and I was told that my account has
been closed due to suspicious activity. Commenting on this thread was
literally my first action as an OSM user.

I've been trying for approximately ten minutes to sign in and leave a
comment, and this has not been a satisfying user experience.

I lost my comment in the process, but it was something like this:

—
According to this map:

http://www.un.org/Depts/Cartographic/map/profile/Darfur%20Regional%20profile.pdf

The town is much more likely to be the camp Donkey Dereisa. This map
may assist with marking other currently unknown camps in the area on
OSM.
—
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/bdiscoe/diary/20539

Feel free to add it for me if you rectify these problems. I am CCing
this to a publically accessible email archive.

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/