Re: Animatable lines added to css3-ui

On 2/11/13 1:59 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> Mike, I've tried using nav-* properties in Opera on desktop and have not
> seen anything work.
>
> If you have public test pages that demonstrate Opera on desktop doing
> something with nav-* properties, please send them along.

Sure, here's a simple demo from a talk I've given:
http://miketaylr.com/pres/framsia/spatnav.html

Note that you have to press Shift + arrows to trigger spatnav in Opera
Desktop (you'll see a blue focus ring as well). On TV it works by
default with the remote control. So part of the discussion in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Apr/0070.html is not
correct.

I can ask around to see if we have a testsuite that we can make public,
if that's interesting to anyone.

> This is one of those cases where it's just not something supported/used on
> the public web (feel free to provide URLs to public sites that appear to
> use it). Behind firewalls or proxies etc. is not important enough to pursue
> in a CR frankly. I'm going to save the spec text for possible
> reworking/redesign in a future draft if there is actual public web interest.

Opera TV Store apps are just webapps accessed over HTTP by a browser
that lives in a TV (not a firewall or proxy). You can download the
emulator at http://www.opera.com/business/tv/emulator/ to try it out.

Here's two examples:

https://github.com/eric-brechemier/lime-starter-kit/blob/01e0366179b039304653e5ed67b9ae8b7df27d24/lab/css/tv.css

http://code.google.com/codesearch#pOAIdPgfGrw/trunk/javascript/Europe/newWidget/widgets/test1/WebContent/css/flickr.css&q=nav-down:%20lang:%5Ecss$&type=cs&l=117

> Here's one thread of many on various "nav-*" problems:
> * http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Oct/thread.html#msg468
>
> For more just search www-style for "nav-".

Thank you. Searching for that yields 4 discussions.

--
Mike Taylor
Opera Software