Re: HTML5 citing RFC 1345 as normative reference for US-ASCII

--On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 13:34 -0400 Sam Ruby
<rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> If you have new information you would like to have the chairs
> consider, please send (or have somebody send on your behalf) a
> message to the Chairs coping the HTML working group.  The
> chairs are unlikely to seriously consider such a request
> unless that request is accompanied by a Change Proposal:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#c
> hange-proposal

Sam, Julian, Mark,

Please free to use either of those notes in whatever way you
think would be useful --or to bury them if you don't consider
them useful.  Unfortunately, I don't have time at the moment to
even figure out who the relevant Chairs are, much less to sign
up for the WG.

I would suggest adding one thing to the criteria: given the need
to interwork between IETF protocols and W3C ones, it would
really be a shame (and should require some justification) for
the HTML spec to use a different version or definition of ASCII
than the IETF uses.

   john