Re: HTML5 citing RFC 1345 as normative reference for US-ASCII

Responding off-list at the request of Mark Nottingham.

On 03/15/2011 01:10 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

> --On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:03 -0400 Sam Ruby
> <rubys@intertwingly.net>  wrote:
>
>> On 03/15/2011 11:34 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>> FYI:
>>>
>>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0302
>>> .html>
>>>
>>> ...I'm sure that this will come up during Last Call again.
>>
>> This issue can be REOPENED if there is new information
>> presented.  An example of such new information is listed in
>> the email cited above.
>
> And, if you (collectively) decided to do so, you might consider
> the note I sent a few minutes ago as "new information", since,
> as far as I can tell from the poll discussion or summary, the WG
> apparently did not consider use of either RFC 20 or RFC 5198 as
> options.

If you have new information you would like to have the chairs consider,
please send (or have somebody send on your behalf) a message to the
Chairs coping the HTML working group.  The chairs are unlikely to
seriously consider such a request unless that request is accompanied by
a Change Proposal:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#change-proposal

>      john

- Sam Ruby