Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-55 profile by amicable resolution

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:12:45 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, www-archive@w3.org, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Dan Connolly wrote:
> I don't quite understand closing an issue with
> an expectation that more work will be done on it
> later.

I'll be more than happy to assign somebody an action item that is not
associated with an issue.  Based on prior correspondence, I suspect that
any or all of Manu, Julian, or Tantek would be willing to be assigned
such an action.

The question at hand is whether this issue is a blocker and if so, is
anybody planning to active work on the issue.  Brief history:

2008-06-26 Issue opened
2009-10-09 Bug opened
2009-10-20 Bug marked WONTFIX
2010-01-20 Call for Proposals

> I took a brief look at the proposal...
> no change proposal for ISSUE-55, but a new plan for @profile
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0683.html
>
> I'm not persuaded that it's not cost-effective to just
> keep head/@profile in HTML 5. My position remains:
>
> let's keep metadata profiles (head/@profile) in HTML for use in GRDDL
> etc.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jul/0571.html
>
> I'm inclined to object to this CfC, but I'll stand by to learn
> a little more about the situation first.

Are you inclined to write a Change Proposal?

I'm quite willing to track actions, and blocking issues that are
actively being worked.

- Sam Ruby