Re: table summary

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 06:31:18 -0500
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Cc: "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "wai-liaison@w3.org" <wai-liaison@w3.org>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Hi Janina,

> PF will be looking at a draft response at this week's telecon. We'll be
> asking for summary to be restored as per previous email from Al.

Thank you. I appreciate your efforts very much.

> The short version -- We could reinvent it, but there are more pressing
> issues for a11y in HTML 5 where we do not yet have solutions. So, we're
> disinclined to reinvent this particular wheel at this particular time.

The editor has also said that "HTML5 spec is now more-or-less
feature-complete.  There remains some work  to be done with respect to
legacy obsolete DOM APIs, but other than that,  the only new features
will be in response to changes in other specs..."
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jun/0063.html

Best Regards,
Laura

--