Re: [Ietf-honest] Adding people to the honest IETF list

From: Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:16:18 +0100
To: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
Cc: Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com>, Alan DeKok <aland@deployingradius.com>, ietf-honest@lists.iadl.org, www-archive@w3.org
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 02:36:27PM -0500, Jeffrey A. Williams wrote:
> I don't always agree with Dean as he can attest too, but I do take what he
> does have to say into consideration and at some point make up my own mind what
> I think of same without trying to intently offend him or others in the
> process. Seems to me that any of you on this forum could extend the same basic
> courtesy accordingly instead of exchanging insults endlessly.

I explicitly didn't take a position on this:

  I take no position on this.

             - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Aug/0067.html

Dean's arguments may have merit, or they may not. If they are related to people
objecting to him on a personal basis, I can certainly understand why that might
be justified based on my dealings with him on this list.

As I see it, when he:

  * Subscribes me to a mailing list without my permission

  * Tells me it's my problem for not being comfortable with this

  * Attacks me personally, and in public, for speaking out

He forfeits the privilege of my courtesy.

Best,