Re: WG comments, Working Drafts, and Last Call -- clarification please?

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 12:33 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> [...] I disagree with you slightly on
> the order of things though. My understanding is: technically you can
> only Formally Object to a decision, not to a proposal. Thus, while you
> can declare the intent to raise a Formal Objection in advance of a
> decision, you can't actually enter one until the decision is made.

Yeah, I've seen lots of chairs work that way, but it makes no
sense, to me... how can the chair decide whether the question
carries or not if s/he doesn't know how many objections there are
and how serious they are?

I sometimes wish the process document were more clear on that.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E