Re: Re: ?sthetic Permissive License - For Approval

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 20:21:13 -0500
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@miscoranda.com>
Cc: Russ Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>, license-review@opensource.org, www-archive@w3.org

Sean B. Palmer scripsit:

> Since I'm not a lawyer, I presume that users will appreciate any
> available stringent license review, especially given that testing a
> license in the judicial system is hardly possible for a new license.

Well, Larry (who is a lawyer but not your lawyer) certainly gave you a
(a)stringent review.

Since the license meets the McQuary limit, it might be useful to use
it as a .sig, where even the MIT or 2-clause BSD licenses would be
excessively wordy.

Perhaps it should be renamed the Email Public License.

--
You escaped them by the will-death              John Cowan
and the Way of the Black Wheel.                 cowan@ccil.org