Re: ?sthetic Permissive License - For Approval

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:18:10 -0500
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@miscoranda.com>
Cc: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>, license-review@opensource.org, www-archive@w3.org

Sean B. Palmer scripsit:

> Do you recommend me to publish the version containing "Entities may
> use, copy, sell" as the text requested to be approved by the OSI and
> FSF instead of the current submission text? How will it increase my
> chances specifically of the OSI Board approving it?

I do recommend it, because licenses with patent terms are more useful to
implementors than ones without patent terms.  I have no insight into the
Board.

However, I find it confusing that the patent terms "use, sell" are
scrambled in with the copyright terms "copy, distribute".  I recommend
reordering.

How have you been?

--
You know, you haven't stopped talking           John Cowan
since I came here. You must have been           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan