Re: Æsthetic Permissive License - For Approval

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:40:41 +0000
To: "John Cowan" <cowan@ccil.org>
Cc: license-review@opensource.org, www-archive@w3.org

On Dec 19, 2007 9:51 PM, John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org> wrote:

> How about adding "  You may have other legal rights."

I've looked at the five shortest OSI-approved licenses:

* http://opensource.org/licenses/fair.php
* http://opensource.org/licenses/zlib-license.php
* http://opensource.org/licenses/ver2_eiffel.php
* http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
* http://opensource.org/licenses/eiffel.php

And none of them have such an advisory, so it shall not be added.

Do you recommend me to publish the version containing "Entities may
use, copy, sell" as the text requested to be approved by the OSI and
FSF instead of the current submission text? How will it increase my
chances specifically of the OSI Board approving it?

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/