Re: [whatwg] Answering the question... (timing of table headers issue)

On 2007-08-25 01:58:07 +0200 Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2007, at 4:30 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

>> 2007-08-24 21:11:36 +0200 Maciej Stachowiak:
>>
>>> Can we end this silliness now? You have spent more time  complaining  about
>>> people expressing their opinions in outside forums than in  actually
>>> providing research or close review that would help improve  the  spec. I
>>> have
>>> tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but it is  starting to  seem
>>> like
>>> your only goal here is to create conflict.

>> consensus driven work group.
>
> You consider it speaking on the group's behalf to say what I  personally
> think is *likely* to happen with the spec in a bug tracker  for my own
> project? Just because I happen to be a member of the group?  If so, then it
> is impossible for me to both be a member of this  Working Group and do my
> job. I hope the chairs think otherwise.

Please note that I have *not* asked the chairs to have any opinion about your bug tracker.

The wording «people expressing their opinions in outside forums» is the relevant phrase to which my comment related. By «people» I suppose you did not only have yourself in mind. And by «forums» you probably did not only think about your bug tracker.

But in order to relate Maciej's subject to my subject: the praxis of feature removal as soon as someone has expressed the «opinion» that «HTML5 has dropped the feature», does not to amount consenus building in my book.
--
leif halvard silli