Re: Baby Steps or Backwards Steps?

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:

> baby steps?  you're talking about "baby steps" while the baby's still in
> the incubator?  the baby won't survive for very long as long as the
> following is in the HTML5 draft: [...]

With all due respect, you are more likely to convince me to change the
spec if you do so in a kind and pleasant fashion instead of throwing
vitriol and rhetoric at every opportunity.

Your input is very welcome and I really would like to know more about what
appropriate alternative text would work for a screenshot of a GUI desktop,
so that the spec can give the best advice possible.

I really do care about accessibility, that's why I tried to define every
possible case for alternative text in the spec. The HTML5 spec as it
stands now does more to describe how to write alternative text than all
the previous HTML specs *put together*.

Yet all I get from you is screaming complaints about one part of it.

When I read that e-mail I don't feel like we're a team working together, I
feel like I'm some sort of slave being stoned for missing one piece of
dust when cleaning the kitchen.

I don't have to read your e-mails. That I do so is a courtesey that I
extend to my friends and colleagues. If reading your e-mails causes me to
get stressed, then, for the sake of my health, I'll stop reading them.

With appologies in advance should I decide to do that,
Yours,