Re: whitespace normalization (was: Re: SVGT 1.2: A proposal for how to define SVG whitespace in terms of CSS whitespace)

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>Quoting Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>:
>>> So if a tool wants to mess with your whitespace, it simply cannot
>>> avoid the possibility that it will break some documents.
>>
>> Well, I'd say that's why the XML gods gave us xml:space...
>
>Too bad these gods messed with attribute value whitespace handling:
><http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#AVNormalize>

How so? If you want to have your white space preserved, use character
references and CDATA. What they really messed up there is the crazy moon
language in "It is an error if an attribute value contains a reference
to an entity for which no declaration has been read" which does not make
much sense to say the least.