making ubuntu-traffic more visible, handling non-ascii names in email

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:20:25 -0500
To: mako@canonical.com
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
Hi Mako,

Ubuntu is cool, and I think a weekly newsletter is one
of the most important things a distribution produces.
I agree with Phipps.

Ubuntu-traffic is cool.

I'd like to see it linked from
or even

I'd like to see the contents of the archive page
used as the newsletter homepage.

Also, I see, in the XML source of #7
<person posts="2" size="9" who="Carlos
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Perell=F3_Mar=EDn?=" />

i.e. some part of your system isn't decoding
the RFC1522 encoding. I implemented a decoder
in python. I dunno if your newsletter system
is written in python, but it seems that the ubuntu
project likes python, so there's a good chance.

an implementation of
Message Header Extensions for Non-ASCII Text

Copyright (c) 2002 W3C (MIT, Keio, INRIA).
Share and Enjoy. For Open Source license details, see:
It's OSI-approved

the copy to www-archive@w3.org indicates that this message
is licensed for public redistribution and will be archived
in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/
Feel free to forward/excerpt/quote/cite anywhere.