Re: The lost meaning of the HTTP protocol in URIs

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:58:30 -0700
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org>, Public W3C <www-archive@w3.org>
Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> The XSLT namespace is in fact
>
> http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
>
> An engineer who comes across a document which
> uses that namespace can look it up, and get information
> leading him or her to the XSTL specification.

Ok, I found it :)  by a little human googeling around.

> In the semantic web, information can be used not only be
> a person, but by a machine.

But I doubt that a machine could have found it, based on the information
returned from that URI.  :(   It's just so very dissappointing that even
the W3C has not seen fit to provide a standard path from a namespace URI
to a normative specification document - if for no other purpose than
just to show them to humans.

Seth Russell