Re: GTK Amaya 6.4 can't post annotations??

Jose Kahan wrote:
> Hello Brent,
>
> Concerning POST, nothing has changed in Amaya in these versions.
> Are you going through a proxy? Did you get prompted for authentication
> on annotest?

I'm not going through a proxy.  I wasn't seeing the authentication box.
  It would just hang.  Of course, I just tried it again today and now it
seems to be working.  Strange

> I fixed some problems related to the temporay name generation. Could you
> download and try the following Amaya (GTK Debian) snapshot and see if your
> problem still occurs?

Well, I'm not seeing the problem anymore even with stock amaya, but I
downloaded and tested your build anyway.  One thing I've observed is
that with your changes, amaya no longer crashes on certain annotations
generated by annozilla.  It doesn't correctly resolve the XPointer, but
an orphan annotation is better than a crash

I'll attach the RDF for this annotation.  Should this be resolving?  Is
the fault in annozilla's XPointer generation or in Amaya's parsing.

(Note: This is not a stock annozilla.  It has Doug Daniels' enhanced
XPointer stuff)

-- Brent

"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure
  thought-stuff.  He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating
  by exertion of the imagination.  Few media of creation are so
  flexible, so easy to polish and rework, so readily capable of
  realizing grand conceptual structures."
                         -- Frederick Brooks, Jr., The Mythical Man Month