Re: storing EARL in annotea

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 03:27:04 +0000 (GMT)
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
cc: <www-annotation@w3.org>
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Jim Ley wrote:

> "Nadia Heninger" <nadia@barbwired.com>
> > A few warnings from my experience playing with annotea:
> >
> > 1. The documentation at
> http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/User/Protocol.html
> > is wrong.  Annotest gives errors if you try to just post straight XML
> > it.

I'm having that problem now.  It returns HTTP status 404, with a message
saying "no annotations found" and an HTML page inviting me to formulate
an algae query.  I've had to stop testing, because annotest now appears
to be completely uncontactable.

> I have two clients which both post straight XML without problems, the
> above page is wrong, but only in that it omits the <?xml ... > with that
> included it works fine for me - what problems do you have?
>
> http://jibbering.com/2002/2/annoteaearlnew.rdf is a typical submitted

Not Found

> XML, with:
>
> as the headers (content length obviously accurate.)

OK, I've tried with those headers, and a document body that looks fine
to me from the documentation (and passes the RDF validator).

> > Look at the source for
> > http://annotest.w3.org/annotations?explain=false for examples of how to
> > submit things - for example, to submit an annotation you have post your
> > content as w3c_annotate=<url-encoded rdf>.  Same idea for algae
> queries.

Can't try that while the server's down.  And if I can do it without
urlencoding, then that's what I'd prefer.

> This is solved if you use one of the test-servers - I'll leave it to
> EricP if he wants to open it up to the list.
>
> Also I believe it's important we agree on a namespace to use, algae
> queries really need to know what namespace you are using and it would be
> nice if we could all use the same one.

I shall ask about this next time I bump into you on IRC.

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>