Re: Annotea JavaScript client for IE

From: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 07:58:22 -0400
To: Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Cc: Claus Augusti <caugusti@formatvorlage.de>, www-annotation@w3.org
On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:21:32AM +0300, Manos Batsis wrote:

> Apologies for the possibly naive question, but I am still too busy to
> study the annotea systems in depth so...
> In the hypothetical situation of using browser sniffing and providing
> the relative code (in IE's case, yours) will there be any problems on
> different browsers annotating the same documents?

This should not be a problem.  I haven't tried Claus' Annotea
client but I am able to use Annozilla - the Mozilla Annotea client:

 http://annozilla.mozdev.org/

and the Annotea bookmarklets (documented at):

 http://www.w3.org/2000/02/collaboration/annotation/JavaScript/Annotea-JavaScript.html

with Netscape Communicator to browse annotations created with the
Amaya implementation of Annotea:

 http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/

The oppposite - annotations created via Annozialla and the bookmarklets
can be browsed with Amaya - also works.

It was also reported:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-annotation/2001JanJun/0051.html

that the bookmarklets work with the Mac's IE browser.

If your question is about database synchronization [are simultaneous
writes supported] - that should be handled by the underlying database
used by the server.  For more information about the Annotea server, see:

 http://www.w3.org/1999/02/26-modules/User/Annotations-HOWTO

Art
---