Re: Current Support

Amaya is an excellent HTML editor.
It is the one and only truly WYSIWYG HTML editor in the whole world.

I still use it in Ubuntu ans Windows, years after developed has stopped. It
has a number of details but it still does its work.
I use it for all my text processing.
The main issue is that it doesn't handle the newer HTML5 tags.

I crave for an open source project to port it to JS and tu be able to run
it as a browser plugin or a nodejs application.

Amaya brings up the concept of "structured document", which IMO is the
original idea behind HTML 1. All editors let you write structured docs,
Amaya actively helps you to do so.
A structured document is waaay better than a (done with MSWord) one. For
example, in that you can automatically build a significant TOC out of the
HTML4 headesr set.

It was an excellent work done by Laurent, Irene & others' team.
--
Juan Lanus