Re: More problems with Tools

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 19:27, Lucinda DeWitt wrote:
> I've done a bit more experimenting with the new tools features.  Here's
> what happens on a Mac:
>
> In order to change the Toolbar settings (from Align Left to Customize or
> vice versa) I have to close and restart Amaya.  Hitting "Apply" in the
> preferences pane does not actually "apply" my choice until after I close
> and restart the program.  Why?

Align Left and Align Right use the same window widget and so the Apply effect
is immediate. Customize uses a different window widget, so the window must be
deleted and rebuild. If you open a new window after hitting "Apply", you will
see the change.

> Similarly, the customizable toolbar seems to have trouble "remembering"
> what I choose.  As far as I can tell, it only remembers what I check (or
> uncheck) in the drop down menu.  If I close any of the tool palettes
> using their own little x button, Amaya remembers my choice during a
> session (and maintains it when I use F8), but the closed palette
> reappears the next time I open the program.  Is this intentional?

Yes, the close with the little x button was not registered.
It's fixed now in the CVS version.

> Under customizable tools, when I check or uncheck a particular tool, its
> palette flashes four times while appearing or disappearing.  Is it
> supposed to do that?

Normally no. That is a specific Mac OSX bug.