Re: bug : file selection dialog

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 02:39:24PM -0400, P. T. Rourke wrote:
> Seriously, web page names shouldn't have spaces in them.  If a page is on an
> NT box, you can usually get to it in other (non-Amaya) browsers using an
> escaped space (%20 I think); I haven't tried that in Amaya.  But it's a bad,
> bad idea: unix don't like spaces, and some of your readers will be unix.

Not so.  Space is perfectly legal in Unix; you just need to quote it in
some cases, such as on the command line (where it has another meaning)
or in a URL (where unquoted spaces are not legal).  Spaces are also
legal in filenames in (OS/2) HPFS, VFAT (W95 and later), NTFS and HFS.

Of course, a URL with quoted spaces may be somewhat less comprehensible,
but there's nothing invalid or illegal about it.

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--
mailto:xanni@xanadu.net                         Andrew Pam