Re: problem with my modifications

Irene,
I implemented your design below and it works fine except the text input fields and submit buttons
do not work. Essentially, what is happening is that when a text input field is selected the field is
highlighted but CheckType is never invoked. CheckType is invoked when I press the enter key but
typing text has no effect. By the way the enter key causes a newline to be inserted into the TEXT_UNIT
preceding the Text_Input element. The Editor documentation says that the return from the callback
for ElemTextModify.Pre is ignored, unlike most of the other .Pre events, is that part of the problem.

I know this is a vague question but can you give a hint as to where to look for what's wrong?

Also note that I have removed all the menu items and buttons that allow the document to be
edited. Could this cause a problem?

Gary Beauregard
soft@earthlink.net