Re: problem with my modifications

> Irene,
> I implemented your design below and it works fine except the text input fields and submit buttons
> do not work. Essentially, what is happening is that when a text input field is selected the field is
> highlighted but CheckType is never invoked.

This is correct.

> CheckType is invoked when I press the enter key but
> typing text has no effect.

This is OK.

> By the way the enter key causes a newline to be inserted into the TEXT_UNIT
> preceding the Text_Input element.

I see. You have to remove editing functions in the amaya.keyboard.
Remove lines:
<Key>Delete:    TtcDeleteSelection()
<Key>Return:    TtcCreateElement()
<Key>L6:        TtcCopyToClipboard()
<Key>L8:        TtcPasteFromClipboard()
<Key>F6:        TtcCopyToClipboard()
<Key>F8:        TtcPasteFromClipboard()
Ctrl <Key>Space:        TtcInsertChar("\240")
Ctrl <Key>d:    TtcDeleteSelection()
Ctrl <Key>w:    TtcCutSelection()
Ctrl <Key>y:    TtcPaste()

> The Editor documentation says that the return from the callback
> for ElemTextModify.Pre is ignored, unlike most of the other .Pre events, is that part of the problem.
>
> I know this is a vague question but can you give a hint as to where to look for what's wrong?
>
> Also note that I have removed all the menu items and buttons that allow the document to be
> edited. Could this cause a problem?

Of course, no.