amaya for OS/2

From: Alexander Mai <st002279@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 98 22:33:11 +0200
To: "www-amaya@w3.org" <www-amaya@w3.org>
Hello,

I'm trying to compile amaya for OS/2 using XFree86 & Lesstif.
Don't know whether it's desired to receive patches from people "like me"
but anyway I can't provide final diffs yet. But I can make some suggestions
which are useful for other ports, too.
And yes, "check" means add the few lines to configure(.in)

1) Check for existence of strcasecmp(). I have only stricmp()

2) Who invented this crazy check for Motif by searching files with
   given names in pre-defined directories ???
   (hmm, I'm aware that it may sound very offending, but I really can't
   imagine a reason for this method)

   Please use the standard method of checking for headers and libs!

3) Check for M_PI and M_PI2

4) Check for lstat(), on my sys is only stat() available.
   This obviously a non-un*x problem, but OTOH amaya seems to support other
   platforms as well, so this may justify this.
   ALso that's the reason why one uses configure ;-)

5) Why don't you bundle libwww 5.1x instead of an (probably?) older version ?

Hmm, I'm still not through all sources but these few topics are 99% of the problems
occurring on a first run (haven't checked for other un*xisms so far which
may just compile but fail later ...)

Bye,

  Alexander Mai
  st002279@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de