Re: Config generates empty Makefiles

From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@rufus.w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:04:29 -0500
To: Mark Turrin <mlt@linkzone.com>, "Justin R. Smith" <jsmith@mcs.drexel.edu>
Cc: Daniel.Veillard@w3.org, www-amaya@w3.org

  There is known problem with the configure script execution on some
BSD setup, this has been discussed before on this list. The problem
is probably related to sed(1), as explained previously:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-amaya/1997OctDec/0028.html

  Try to get GNU sed, remove the config.cache and rerun configure it
may solve the problem !

> I get the same error on a compile attempt for AIX.  Something must be
> broken in the make file.
>
> > I'm attempting to compile amaya on a machine running NetBSD 1.3. Configure
> > complains that it can't find Thot sources although they appear to be
> > present (I downloaded the file amaya-src-1.2.tar.gz, and the associated web
> > page claims that the Thot source tree is included. After the configuration
> > step, the Makefiles are all empty.  Any suggestions?

Daniel
--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C  MIT/LCS  NE43-344  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +1 617 253 5884  | 545 Technology Square   | Linux, WWW, Java,