Re: HTML4.0

> Sorry if this question's already been discussed, but I'm new here- Is
> there going to be an official fully HTML4.0 compliant Amaya release? And
> if so, any idea when?

Of course, we plan to have a fully  HTML4.0 compliant release.
There are many new things in HTML 4.0. So it'll take time to implement all
these new things. Some of them are already implemented in Amaya, such as
SPAN and OBJECT elements. ID, CLASS and LANG attributes are also currently
supported.
We plan to work on tables and internationalization aspects of HTML 4.0 during
next six months.

> >The main purpose of Amaya is to serve as a testbed to experiment new
> Web protocols and
> formats, to test and demonstrate new features proposed for existing Web
> standards.
> >A  tool like Amaya must be able to change very fast,
> taking into account the latest proposed extensions to Web protocols and
> formats.

Right, but we need manpower to do that.