Re: Amaya on NT4

From: Irene VATTON <Irene.Vatton@imag.fr>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:44:12 +0200
To: Ross Smith <ross.smith@nz.eds.com>
cc: www-amaya@w3.org
> How do I run Amaya on Windows NT?
> I've downloaded the archive and unpacked it. I haven't found any
> instructions (either on the site or in the archive) that suggest I need
> to do anything else. But when I try to run Amaya.exe, nothing happens.
> (Watching in Task Manager shows that it runs for a few seconds and then
> goes away.)

Do you try to start Amaya on a local page ?
To do so, please edit the file Thot/config/THOT.INI and add the name
of a local page in the line HOME_PAGE like

In the current release, Amaya tries to fetch the initial page through the
Net and if it meets problems with the Net, it crashes.
In next release there'll be a local welcome page.

> If it's any help: System is NT Workstation 4, service pack 3; hardware
> is P/100, 40 MB RAM.

Hope this hepls